How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
Media Studies Volume 1
- Format Soft Cover
- ISBN 9780702176920
- Edition 2nd Edition
- PageCount 464
- Published 2007
About this Publication:
This is the first volume in the four-part textbook series in Media Studies. This up-to-date, comprehensive, user friendly and accessible series has been written by key thinkers in Media Studies locally and from abroad.
- A history of the South African media
- A macro history of the media in Africa
- Theoretical approaches to mass communication and media research
- The functions and effects of the media in society
- Media culture/media and culture
- The ideological power of the media
- The media as public sphere in contemporary society
- The impact of globalisation and communication technology on media and media communication
Of Interest and Benefit to:
Volume 2 Policy, Management, and Media Representation (currently available)